Thursday, August 19, 2010

Made it through another Thursday!

I made it through another Thursday!  I even contributed to the discussion in class today.  Only 2 more classes to go and we move on to the next set of classes.  I can do this!  This evening we got to meet Emily's teachers, which was really nice.  My one complaint is the lack of challenging work offered.  They have an advanced math class, but not an advanced language arts class.  Why?  Emily is bored out of her mind and there is nothing we can do.  It just seems wrong to lump all 5th graders into one class regardless of ability.  What ever happened to challenging the students who are more advanced?  Oh that's right, No Child Left Behind.  :(  I did talk to her teacher about it, but I doubt much will change.  At least she has the higher math and then goes to enrichment once a week. 

Now I am tired and thinking I should go to bed.  So what that it's only 9:20.  Tomorrow will be a day full of writing papers--I have three to work on, one due Sunday!  Hope everyone has had a great week so far.  Looking forward to Friday!!

No comments: