Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School

Emily had her first day of middle school on Thursday and Josh started his senior year of high school on Friday.  Ian should have started 1st grade on Thursday, but he was still on vacation with his Grammy and Grandpa, so he started today.  Emily seems to like 5th grade so far, but wasn't as eager to wake up this morning.  I walked with her to the bus stop, since today was her first day riding the bus, and when another girl she knows came to the stop, she told me I could leave.  Sigh.  They grow up so fast.  Ian was very nervous about school.  He told me I needed to go in with him since he didn't know where to go.  Poor guy seemed more nervous today than he did on his first day of kindergarten.  He is so shy that it is hard for him to interact with the teacher.  He'll be fine as time goes by, and I'm sure he will have a great day.  So, I am sitting in a very quiet house with the dog and cat.  There are lots of birds flitting around outside my window.  The barn swallows that built a nest by our front door love to fly around; all 5 babies and the parents!  Plus there are some other chickadees, or something, that are flying into the rain gutter eating something.  It sounds funny, and I can't figure out what they are getting in there.  Silly birds!  I guess I should get back to school as well--got a lot of writing to do with four papers due in the next three weeks.  Happy Monday!

No comments: