Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The art of Procrastination

Lately I have been mastering the fine art of procrastination.  It really is a terrible thing to do when you have children that you are trying to set an example for.  But, when faced with a paper to write, I tend to find many things that just have to get done.  For instance, tonight I decided that the lawn just must get mowed . . .NOW.  Of course, that meant picking up after the dog first (yuck), and then mowing.  This was followed by a shower, as it is about 85 degrees with 1000% humidity.  And then after the shower I had to make cookies because we didn't have anything for dessert.  I can't let my children go hungry!  Now, I am writing this, but in just a couple minutes I have to get the kids in bed.  When all is said and done, a good 2-3 hours will have gone by since I first sat down to start writing my paper.  I have one sentence done.  ONE SENTENCE of a 4-5 page paper!  Hmmmm . . . . do you think that I could use a really big font?  In all seriousness, I will get this paper done just as I have gotten all my other papers done.  I just enjoy taking breaks; lots and lots of breaks.  If you have a favorite form of procrastination, I would love to hear it!  Just post a comment.

No comments: