Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our brand new Queen Size afghan

Lee loves lots of blankets and decided he wanted a new afghan for our bed--one that was made with 100% wool.  So, we bought Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool in Brown Heather.  I used the same pattern for this afghan that I used for Josh's K-State afghan, and again I adjusted the pattern so that it would fit our queen size bed.  We were not looking for it to hang over the sides of the bed, just fit the top.  It measures about 60"x84".  The lighter color in the middle was not intentional, but I am learning to live with the mistake.  I did check the dye lots on most of the yarn, but we had 8 skeins and I guess I missed checking 2 of them. :(  At least the ended up getting crocheted together in the middle, which was totally done by coincidence.  Here is the link to the pattern.  http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-bafg.html

No comments: