Sunday, February 26, 2012

Josh's K-State Afghan

Josh went off to Kansas State University in August and I decided it was time to make him a new afghan.  Since he is just over 6' tall, and he has a habit of wrapping himself in his blankets, I knew it needed to be a long one.  If you know much about afghan patterns, you know it is hard to find one that is bigger than a twin size bed.  So, I found a pattern I liked and adjusted it.  This is a basketweave pattern that is really pretty.  For his afghan I actually used Lion Brand Pound of Love in white and Red Heart Super Saver in Amethyst.  I think the afghan measured about 54" wide and 80" long.  Hopefully he stays at K-State! :)  Here is a link to the pattern that I used.  Remember, I adjusted it so that is ended up being wider and longer.  http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-bafg.html
Here is a close-up of the basketweave pattern.

No comments: