Sunday, February 22, 2009

President compared to Washington????

Ok, so I will admit here and now that I am not a huge fan of Obama. I support him as the President, but I do not think he is qualified to be President. Getting that out of the way, I have to comment on something I read today. According to ABC's Terry Moran, "Barack Obama is the first President since George Washington to be taking a step down into the Oval Office. I mean, from visionary leader of a giant movement, now he's got an executive position that he has to perform in, in a way." Excuse me, but I have to disagree with this 100%. I am curious as to what giant movement Obama was a visionary leader of. I heard him being touted as this great leader during the election, but he never really led anything. His time in Chicago didn't accomplish anything of merit and it certainly does not qualify him to be called a visionary leader. And, as Scott Whitlock of Media Research Center so aptly stated, "For those who have forgotten, George Washington defeated the strongest military power in the world. Barack Obama was a community organizer." So, how can you possibly compare the two in any way? How can anyone say this is a step down for Obama? I am daily amazed at how blinded some people are by Obama's charisma. I pray that soon, America will open it's eyes and see Obama for who he really is. I pray that we will continue to support him as President, but stop supporting his ridiculous policies.

No comments: